Naankuse Travellers Inn
Travel like Ghandi, with simple clothes, open eyes and an uncluttered mind. – Rick Steves
Welcome to Naankuse Travellers Inn, where we have perfectly captured the true soul of Namibia and the spirit of the devoted traveller.
Namibia beckons… and we are the ideal stopover to refresh, revitalize and meet fellow adventurers.
Nestled in a quiet suburb of our capital city, Windhoek, Naankuse Travellers Inn is a mere 45-minute drive from Hosea Kutako International Airport. Four rooms and four tents are all furnished with bunk beds epitomising true backpacker comfort. And to give your sleeping bag a well-deserved break, comfy duvets, pillows and sheets are provided. At Naankuse we’re all about team spirit, so in the interest of “sharing is caring”, the rooms and tents have a communal bathroom boasting four cubicles, each with their own toilet, shower and basin. But if you prefer keeping it more private, why not book the fabulous flat with its very own kitchen and bathroom?
Being experts in all things Namibia, a trip to our amazing country just wouldn’t be complete without a traditional braai and a rejuvenating dip. Yup, that’s an African-style barbecue (plenty of facilities are available for that) and a splash in our tempting pool. And why not grab an ice-cold beer at the bar afterwards? Knowing full well that travelling always awakens your inner party animal, our bar is open from 11AM to 10PM on weekdays, with Saturdays taking the merry mayhem through until midnight. We’re throwing in weekly specials too!
And if you are able to tear yourself away from the delights of our Travellers Inn to discover the delights of the city instead, we’ll happily arrange a town transfer for you.
How to find us
Directions from the city centre:
- Drive north on Rev Michael Scott St toward Sam Nujoma Dr.
- Turn right onto Sam Nujoma Dr. Continue left onto Berg Street.
- Turn left onto Uhland Street. Turn right onto Chapman Street.
Tel: 061 211 299
What we offer:
• Free breakfast – it’s the most important meal of the day after all
• Lockers to safely squirrel away your valuables
• Transfers from and to the airport. The last thing you need to worry about is how to get here
• Laundry service – enough said
• 24-hour security and safe, off-street parking – we’re all about safety first
• Wi-fi vouchers to make your friends and family back home green with envy
• Day trips to Naankuse Lodge & Wildlife Sanctuary (transfer and activity included) – we’re talking big cats, baboons and so much more…
• For your convenience, two supermarkets, an ATM and a restaurant are just a stone’s throw away
• And because we know you won’t be able to tear yourself away, we cater to long-term travellers too