The Naankuse Equine Experience takes place throughout the year in parallel to our Wildlife Conservation Volunteer Project. On this two week minimum program for experienced riders, volunteers will stay on the N/a’an ku sê Sanctuary and spend their time here with our on-site horses.
Only for experienced riders. You should feel comfortable around and working with horses, unattended if necessary.
Mornings will be spent helping with cleaning and feeding, training young and new horses, as well as taming and raising foals. From time to time we also have foals that will need halter training and introduction to human contact.
Afternoons will be spent feeding the horses and riding and, depending on the experience of the riders in the group, this can be walking, trotting, cantering or galloping on the sanctuary’s reserve. Other activities may include herding and helping with fixing and building structures around the horses’ camps.
Equine Experience participants have the option of combining their stay with one or more weeks on the Wildlife Conservation Volunteer Project before or after their Equine Experience. This will allow them to experience the full magic of our wildlife sanctuary and spend time interacting with and caring for our variety of sanctuary animals.
• Fixed arrival days are Monday or Thursday, with complimentary transfers from either Windhoek International Airport (Hosea Kutako) or the centre of Windhoek
• 14-night minimum stay
• Induction presentations on Tuesdays and Fridays
• Transfers occurring outside of Monday and Thursday will be charged an additional N$500 per person
Accommodation, food and other facilities
• Twin or triple share tents, twin to triple share rooms (same gender sharing, or couples/families)
• 3 meals provided per day, most dietary requirements can be catered for
• Laundry service
• Bar/shop for drinks, snacks, Namibian sim card/credit, ATM, WiFi coupons for sale, cellphone (mobile) reception