We are hiring!
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job reference in the subject line.
Basic Education Teacher (Grades 1-3)
The N/a’an ku sê Foundation is committed to improving the health and well-being of the San Bushman and is looking for a qualified teacher to run the Clever Cubs School based at the N/a’an ku sê Foundation Wildlife Sanctuary, 45 minutes outside Windhoek. This is a unique opportunity to provide quality education to the San Bushman.
The San are among the oldest peoples in the world. They are traditionally hunter-gatherers, but in recent times have been forced from their original lands. Today, they are widely discriminated against and marginalized. The N/a’an ku sê Foundation provides job and training opportunities to San Bushman families and free education for their children, in a bid to break the cycle of poverty so harshly experienced by this ancient culture.The job requires an enthusiastic, imaginative and energetic individual. Most importantly you need to be flexible, resilient and tolerant.
• Nurture and develop the knowledge, abilities and social skills of children between the ages of 6 – 9 years and prepare them for senior primary school education.
• Develop and implement lessons/work schemes.
• Provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment that facilitates learning.
• Organize and supervise play and work activities (reading, sport, music, dancing etc.)
• Liaise and discuss children’s development with parents.
• Maintain records.
• Monitor and record progress.
• Comfort children.
• Establish routines and provide positive guidance.
• Register and ensure enrolment of grade 4 learners at primary schools in Windhoek.
• Assist primary school learners with homework and any other curricular requirements in the afternoons.
• Liaise with public interest groups such as students, guests, volunteers, and sponsors.
• Manage and support volunteers at the Clever Cubs School.
• 3-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in basic education.
• Experience or training in children with special needs will be an advantage.
• Minimum 3 years’ work experience teaching primary school students.
• Excellent spoken and written English. Afrikaans language skills desirable.
• Excellent supervisory, decision making, time management, and organizational skills.
• Namibian citizenship or permanent residence is an advantage.
• Voluntary position with food, accommodation and a living allowance provided.
• SSC and 50% NMC (medical aid) will be provided.
Start date and duration are flexible and can be discussed.
We are flexible in who we appoint, so please contact us to discuss further. We welcome applications from single people and retired teachers. Those who can commit to a long period of work, such as a full year, will be given preference. Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com (subject line: Teacher).
Senior Finance Manager
N/a’an ku sê Lodge
This role is based on site at N/a’an ku sê Lodge, 45km from Windhoek, and cannot be performed remotely (accommodation provided on site).
Reporting to the Head of Finance and the Lodge Manager, the successful candidate would be responsible for the accurate day to day financial management of N/a’an ku sê Lodge.
• A formal qualification equivalent to a qualified accountant is preferred.
• 3+ years of accounting experience after graduating with a university degree in accounting.
• Strong knowledge of Pastel or a similar accounting software package.
• Knowledge of point of sale systems is an advantage.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English and Afrikaans.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Good attitude and ability to work well in a team environment.
• Namibian citizenship/residence preferred.
• Pastel processing of supplier and customer invoices, general journals, petty cash as well as clerical/administrative functions.
• Creditor, debtor and bank reconciliations.
• Cash management including debtor collections and supplier payments.
• Petty cash control and daily cash ups.
• Working with the Naankuse Group finance personnel to ensure intercompany reconciliations agree.
• Assisting the managers to ensure there are adequate stock controls in place to avoid theft and stock losses.
• Reconcile and submit monthly statutory/Receiver of Revenue returns and prepare payroll on pastel payroll.
• Prepare monthly management reports and make recommendations for continued improvements in the business.
• Liaise with the lodge managers regarding their discretionary and capital expenditure budgets.
• Assist in providing documentation for the audited financial statements with the appointed auditor and make all necessary preparation and adjustments.
• Food and accommodation
• Annual leave of 24 days per year
• 50% medical aid after successful completion of the 3-month probation period
• Salary is dependent on experience
Please email your CV, cover letter and ID to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Lodge Financial Manager). Please do not telephone us regarding the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and references should be available upon request.