Senior Finance Manager
N/a’an Ku Se Lodge
This role is based on site at N/a’an ku sê Lodge, 45km from Windhoek, and cannot be done remotely (accommodation provided on site).
Reporting to the Head of Finance and the Lodge Manager, the successful candidate would be responsible for the accurate day to day financial management of N/a’an ku sê Lodge.
- A formal qualification equivalent to a Qualified Accountant is preferred.
- 3+ years of accounting experience after graduating with a university degree in Accounting.
- Strong knowledge of Pastel or a similar Accounting Software Package.
- Knowledge of point of sale systems is an advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Afrikaans.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good attitude and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Namibian citizenship / residence preferred.
JOB DESCRIPTION: AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Pastel processing of supplier and customer invoices, general journals, petty cash as well as clerical/administrative functions.
- Creditor, Debtor and Bank Reconciliations.
- Cash management including debtor collections and supplier payments.
- Petty cash control and daily cash ups.
- Working with the N/a’an ku sê Group finance personnel to ensure inter-company reconciliations agree.
- Assisting the managers to ensure there are adequate stock controls in place to avoid theft and stock losses.
- Reconcile and submit monthly statutory/Receiver of Revenue returns and prepare payroll on pastel payroll.
- Prepare monthly management reports and make recommendations for continued improvements in the business.
- Liaise with the lodge managers regarding their discretionary and capital expenditure budgets.
- Assist in providing documentation for the audited financial statements with the appointed auditor and make all necessary preparation and adjustments.
- Food and accommodation
- Annual leave of 24 days per year
- 50% Medical Aid after successful completion of the 3-month probation period
- Salary is dependent on experience.
Please email your CV, cover letter and ID to email@example.com (subject line: Lodge Financial Manager). Please do not telephone us regarding the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and references should be available upon request.