A responsible pre-primary teacher is urgently required for an exciting opportunity to teach at and manage the “Clever Cubs School” at N/a’an ku sê Wildlife Sanctuary.
The job requires an enthusiastic, imaginative and energetic individual capable of gaining the full potential from each child.
- nurture and develop the knowledge, abilities and social skills of children between the ages of 3 – 5 years and prepare them for primary school education.
- develop and implementing lessons / work schemes
- provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment that facilitates learning for children to feel comfortable
- organize and supervise play and work activities (for example reading, sport, music, dancing etc)
- liaise and discuss children’s development with parents
- maintain records
- monitor and record progress
- comfort children
- establish routines and provide positive guidance
- Set up a curriculum to achieve school readiness and register & ensure enrollment of pre-primary learners at primary schools in Windhoek
- Assist primary and high school learners with homework and any other curricular requirements in the afternoons
- Register the Clever Cubs School (established in 2009) with the state and obtain details of the correct curriculum to be followed.
- Liaise with public interest groups such as students, guests, volunteers and sponsors
- 3-year B. Degree or equivalent qualification in education, psychology or sociality
- and / or Diploma in Early Childhood & Pre-Primary Education desirable
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience teaching pre-primary and / or primary school students
- Excellent spoken and written English and Afrikaans
- Excellent supervisory, decision making, time & stress management and organizational skills
- Namibian citizenship or permanent residence is an advantage
Start: 15 December 2016 (ASAP)
This position is based on the farm at N/a’an ku sê Wildlife Sanctuary, 45km east of Windhoek.
- Salary is negotiable
- Food, accommodation, laundry, SSC and 50% NMC (medical aid) will be provided.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Teacher).